Thursday, December 4, 2008

Who and what are annoying me lately

In the Holiday spirit – of Scrooge – I am making an end-of-year whiny list of which celebrities and hot topics are bugging me. This is the first installment. If I continue on my grump streak, there will be more. And hey, celebrities? Stay off my lawn!

Beyonce. Without a doubt, you are the most overrated star ever. You sing passably, you act passably, but Jennifer Hudson is one person – of many – who can sing and act (ok, maybe not completely act) circles around you. Yeah, I get that you’re cute, all boobs and butt and pretty hair, but please. Sasha Fierce? If you’re so great, why are you changing your name?

The whole Jennifer Anniston/Brad/Angelina thing.
If they were all trashier, this drama might be more interesting. On Jerry Springer. Angelina stole your man, like, 3 years ago, Jen. That’s what she does. With Brad, she will simultaneously repopulate and adopt the world, while saving it the process. Then, when she’s bored with that, she’ll go back to vamping around and cutting herself. Brad will continue to look pretty while rescuing victims of disasters and building eco-friendly buildings. What are you doing, Jen? Complaining about how uncool they are? Get over it already and stick to making movies with puppies.

Rosie O’Donnell. Thankfully, your “comeback” was but a blip on the radar, because you are seriously unbearable. Actually, you’re pretty charming, in TINY doses. I think your heart may be in the right place, but your mouth overwhelms it. Please take your “act” to one of your gay cruise ships and stay off camera for a while.

Daniel Radcliffe. I’m confused. Didn’t you already do the naked Broadway stint? Why are you at it again? Has it been one, continuous run? Why do you keep talking about your penis? I like you as Harry Potter, and you were pretty funny on that episode of Extras, but maybe you can consider taking a vacation to a nudie beach and get all that out of your system.

I just read that Jeb Bush is considering a run for Senate. My goodness, you get one out, and another one goes right back in. That family is like the multi-headed hydra serpent. Can we impose a Bush ban already?

The economy. Can you stop being a meanie and give us back our money and jobs? Thanks.