Monday, May 4, 2009

Next step in my job search: Black Magic

It's 9:00 a.m., and the dog has already accomplished more than I have. He has managed to destroy: a softball (that the neighbor kid knocked over our fence), and the kitty box scooper (he chewed up the handle, giving it a more avant-garde look).

I haven't updated in a while because I've been super preoccupied with trying to find a new job, which I need, like, yesterday. I had an interview with a temp agency last week, because I'm an American, and when I want something, I need instant gratification. Are temp agencies like the fast-food of the employment world? I don't care. At least they can give me access to jobs which are not necessarily advertised. Anyway, the agency is interested in me and wants to place me in a particular permanent position, but they are "waiting to hear back from the client." That was almost a week ago. I was hoping they would just start putting me on temp assignments so I could at least give notice, but what I plan and hope and what the universe gives me are usually two very different things. All I really want is a straight-forward job and a non-psycho boss. Is that too much to ask? Please keep your fingers crossed for me that these two wishes come true! I'm not so excited, really, to jump back into the full-time job gig, but life is expensive, and both of us have to bring home the bacon it seems.

In addition to my interview last week, I also saw an alternative healer to help ease me of my anxiety, and boy, is that a story. It was really awesome and helped, especially with alleviating the toxic energy I had been engaging from my boss. But I must post this story separately. It's a weird one, though, but you wouldn't expect less from me now, would you?