Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I need a new hobby like I need a hole in the head

I'm pleased to announce that I have a new obsession. No, it's not a movie star, sillies! (Though if you haven't yet seen 500 Days of Summer, do yourself a favor. Joseph Gordon-Levitt is adors!) l

I'll give you a few hints: 1. It's a sport. (That is shocking enough, for me) 2. It used to be popular, and professionally played, until it started dying out about 20+ years ago. 3. It now has a cult following. 4. It is badass.

I read an article about it a few years ago, and ever since, I keep thinking about it. I want to play. I want to suit up. I want to roll around in circles in knock people down!

Guessed yet?





Roller Freakin Derby, people! And I'm also pretty excited about this movie coming out.

I've found a league in DC, and it looks like, to join - or at least to "try out"- you just need to be 18 years old or over and have health insurance (heh). But I think I will wait till I get a better employment situation since I will need to buy all the gear and stuff.

Am I going to go through with it? I don't know. I'm kind of hoping I'll burn myself out before I even get to the rink (I'm pretty sure Mr. P is hoping that, too). Right now I'm trying to think of a good alias. I won't say my ideas yet because I don't want anyone to steal them, but I will say that it will be more creative than "Iron Maiden."