Saturday, April 26, 2008

"Happy National Good Neighbor Day!"

Our Ted Nugent-like neighbors, friendly beings that they are, greeted Mr. P this morning with the following nicety: "Happy NFL Draw-Out Day!" A non-NFL follower, Mr. P did not quite know how to respond. Which got me thinking: were they messing with us? And if so, how could I counter their greeting with one equally perplexing and obscure? Regretting that I didn't wish them a Happy Earth Day this week (which I'm guessing they did not observe), I did a little research.

Below are a few odd holidays- but real ones! - which I challenge you to say to your neighbor one morning.

Happy Anniversary of Women's Right to Vote Day!

Happy Birthday of the Hot Dog!

Happy Greek Orthodox Easter!

Happy National Puppetry Day!

Happy World Vegetarian Day! (my neighbors would hate that one)

Happy National Literacy Day!

Happy Black Friday!