Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Cranky + Grumpy = Crumpy

I was on the phone with my dad yesterday, lecturing him on promoting his art. He's retired now, and he's finally finding time to devote himself to painting. During this time, he has found - in my opinion - a vision and style, and I think he's ready to take the paintings to posh galleries and slap some high prices on them. However, he is much like me, that is, challenged in the self-esteem department. My step mother, who has been an avid supporter and mate to my father for over 10 years now, God bless her, was listening in on speaker phone, and she commented, "y'all can help each other. After all, you're so much alike!" My dad chuckled and added, "yeah, we're both cranky!"

Um. How did he know that? I mean, I don't think I grew up being cranky all the time. I don't think I'm cranky around my dad now; I do try to watch my attitude with family. When I told Mr. P about the comment, he, too, chuckled. "Sweetie," he said. "Everyone knows you're cranky."

Urgh! That just makes me grumpy.