Monday, August 18, 2008

Heaven is a bowl of ice cream

How am I just finding out about Moorenko's Ice Cream?? They've had a cafe in McLean since 2000, and one in Silver Spring since 2003, but somehow, they have slipped under my quest for cream radar until now. I didn't even discover the cafes; I found their tiny little pints shyly staring back at me in the freezers of Whole Foods. Three lone little cartons with the flavors wild blueberry, rice pudding and creme fraiche. Wait, creme fraiche?? How did no one think of this marriage-in-heaven flavor before?

Holy Smoking Lord, this is good ice cream. Somehow these geniuses have combined the natural creaminess of gelato with the texture of American ice cream, and they didn't have to inject their cows with hormones to make it. All natural, and super delicious. They even manage to invent, and re-invent, creative flavors.

I think I'm in love.